When it comes to social media trends, nothing is coolest than TikTok. With more than 700+ monthly active users, enterprises cannot avoid posting ads on this app. If you wanted to target users under the age of 35 than this is the comprehensive blog to marketers to get their business on this platform:
Let’s understand what does the Stats reports suggest about the App:
- TikTik is one of the highest rating followers than the any other social media platforms. They have more than 750+ millions monthly active users.
- The Apple and Google Play audience have downloaded the TikTok app more than 1.6 billion times.
- It ranked 6th in position all across the world based on the monthly potential users.
- It is been popular in 150 countries worldwide.
- It is one of the most downloaded aps in the US, Japan India and Korea in 2019.
- As per the stats 65% of TikTok users from United States belong to the age group of 30.
- As per the stats 55% of TikTok users from United States are making $70,000 per year.
How to advertise on App?
To start with TikTok Ads we need to create a company account or account manager. To monitor if your business succeeds, one can contact TikTok Ads directly. To create an account you need to fill the details such as billing country, select the option that Business promotes goods and services. Fill the contact details and proceed.
It offers diverse options for promoters to reach their potential demographics:
- In-Feed Video: Ads appears to the news feed of TikTok user’s scrolls the video.
- Brands Takeover: Ad appears when users open the app and completely take over the screen for a few seconds before turning into in-feed video ad.
- Hashtag Challenge: As appears on the discovery page. It encourages audience to join the user content challenges. The hashtags helps viewers to search the particular categories as per the preferences. It involves products, services, and brand shopping features for retailers.
- Branded AR Content: Ad appears in the form of lenses, stickers and 2D, 3D, AR content for TikTok audience to make use in their videos
- Custom Influence: This ad appears as a part of sponsored content created by a advertisers to influence the audience in the industry.
To get the benefits of above mentions ads one has to create an account manager in TikTok app.
Let’s check how to do Account set-up step by step:
Step1: Once advertisers have access to this platform, they can log in to access the dashboard. They have to finish the account set-up with fillings few details.
Step 2: Create a new ad campaign
Once you are done with account details, you can go to the campaign option to create your first ad campaign. TikTok permits you to manage ads using three levels – top level campaign, ad groups and ads.
1st level: Top level is the creation of a campaign. Advertisers have to define the campaign with one main goal and budget
2nd level: Under the campaign, advertisers will find one or more ad group. You need to define ad groups with ad placements, target audience, budget and schedule.
3 levels: Under an ad group, advertisers will find one or more ads. You can create video content ads to reach potential users for your ad group.
Click on the create button to create in-feed video ad campaign
Select your ad campaign’s goal depending upon country and other option shown below:
You need to enter your daily budget or lifetime budget. As you’re your business requirement you can choose the one option.
Step 4: Creating new ad group: You have to create your first new ad group. Select you ad group placements. To get the best response you can opt for automatic placements. This will permits your ads to appear on TikTok partner apps. It involves buzzvideo, news republic (worldwide) etc.
Step 5: After placement, you have to target you audience. The app permits to target the audience as per demographics, age, gender, interest, language and devices.
Step 6: Custom audience targeting options:
The app comes with customization feature in Ad group targeting. This means advertisers can create custom audience through website traffic, app activity, contact data or ad engagement.
It requires 1000 viewers as minimum website data traffic. If advertisers are planning to make use of this app ads for retargeting; than they need to install the Pixel code before launching your Ad campaign. This will give sufficient time to accumulate traffic data and relate it to TikTok users.
TikTok Pixel also helps in:
- Evaluating the efficiency of the ad campaigns
- It enhance the ad delivery to audience who are probably willing to fulfill your ad campaign goal
- It helps to monitor the conversion rate and facilitate you to spend your ad budget specifically to the targeted impressions and clicks.
- Once your targeting audience is done than you can arrange the budget and schedule your ad group accordingly.
Step 8: Select the Delivery Method: After selecting the budget and scheduling your ad campaign you need to select the delivery type which has to be standard. One should never select accelerated option because the budget gets over within a shooter span of time. Standard delivery method helps to perform slowly and gradually till the budget ends.
Step 9: Creating a new Ad
Once your ad group is formed, advertisers have to upload first video ad. Ads can be uploaded as an image or as a video. If you select image than the TikTok app will form a group into a video for you.
Step 10: The app delivers image and video specifications to form ads content that will look fascinating on this platform, and partner sites. For the best result you should follow the following components:
- Suggested aspect ratio 9:16/1:1/16:9
- Video Resolution has to minimum 720px to 1280px, 640px by 640px or 1280px by 720px.
- It is suggested to make 5 to 60 seconds video in length
- You can use brand name which consist of 2 to 20 characters in English and app name has to be 4 to 40 characters in length.
- The description limit of product and services is suggested between 12 to 100 characters in length
The app also provides the creative tools. Promoters can take the help of this tool to create a video which is rich in content and target the potential audience. The creative tool involves, video creation kit, landing page to video, smart video soundtrack and Ad Studio
Once you are done with the creation of your ad than you can even check ad preview tool on mobile devices before publishing on TikTok. Once you are done with the ad campaign you can submit your ad for campaign review.
How to monitor Ads Report?
After the Ads get approval from the TikTok team and runs efficiently, than you can analyze the ads performance in your ads dashboard. You can use the filters with the campaign report. You can check the impressions, click, bounce rate and so on. You can even monitor reports as per date, month and yearly basis. The filters include demographics, locations, devices, age etc.
Thus this comprehensive guide would definitely help you to set the TikTok video ads effectively and start with the brand promotions.